nav bar

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The First Blush of a Spring Garden


Garden Notes:

After sending a bouquet of photos to my friend Marian, from my garden with captions such as the Spring's Surprise and Glory, Spring Secret Treasures, The Abundance of Spring... Spring's First Blush... Marian with curiosity asked me what is the First Blush of a Spring Garden... For a moment, I just melted in the glory of the garden's gifted surprises that I, like many other gardeners, welcome with almost childlike joy the rebirth or the new birth of the Spring Season... The easiest way I can describe the First Blush of the Spring Garden, is from a recent conversation I had with my  friend Carolyn, who I consider to be a Master Gardener and a purist  by maintaining an organic environment for her plants.  She and I spent our full conversation talking about  the joyous stories of the first blush of our Spring gardens...We talked about the joy of rediscovering our roses with their explosive blossoms, heightening the colorful essence of the new life sprouting from our other plants and trees... The First Blush of a Spring Garden is like receiving a big present wrapped up with a joyous surprise of beauty, color and life beyond one's imagination.


Though the First Blush of my Spring Garden is coming to a close, I find the wonderful beautiful memories will carry me into the summer season of warmer weather with longer hours of daylight bringing another level of mother nature's surprises of insects and other heat and water challenges. Yet like life, a garden goes through many seasons, always reminding me to enjoy the moments--
like the old cliché to stop and take time to smell the roses....