nav bar

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

[ Season of Change ]

I often find myself migrating back to the Garden as a place of refuge, to think and find some peace, to refill one’s soul.

The garden has always been a sanctuary for me especially during the time of seasonal changes.  Today I find myself wrapped in the warmth of sun on a clear early morning harvest Saturday. Reflecting upon the silence, peace and slowing of the garden’s growth…This is a time to remind oneself that we too have seasons in our lives…seasons from birth to rebirth; to rest and sleep.

As I find myself the Harvest Season slowing down to rest from a year of fast moving days.I take in the time to enjoy - the last blush of blooming roses, the slowing growth of the trees… while anticipating to surprise of the splashes of color given to us by our winter roses and camellias in just a few short weeks.

The garden gives me peace as throughout the years I am continually reminded that there is a season for all of us. Just like the garden naturally and freely prepares itself for shorter days and cooler nights; we too must let go and rest in these gifted moments of peace.

Though it’s hard sometimes to say sweet dreams to the roses and trees for the winter months …I too will give myself permission to rest for now. I know in just a few short months, I will dance in joy as I once again discover the new growth of Spring… which often gives me a sense of new beginnings and peaceful hope for another year.



The Last Bloom and Waiting for Winter Colors