nav bar

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Give Yourself The Gift of Time


On a recent trip to the East Coast, I was invited to join a group of ladies for an informal lunch. We spent the afternoon sharing in various topics of conversations about our own lives.  As lunch was coming a close with a wonderful warm crepe dessert, complimented with hot coffee and teas, one of the ladies shared that she was going through some recent changes in her life and learning the value of giving herself time to sit quietly and be still.  She realized that by giving herself this quiet time to turn off the noise and busyness of the day, she was discovering that being still gave her such peace. 



After our dessert and coffee and a wonderful afternoon of conversations, we all parted ways and returned to our regular schedules and lives. As I was traveling to my next destination, I began to realize how easy it is to always be in motion in a noisy world and to never take the time to slow down and be still. I decided that I, too, needed to give myself permission to take time to be still and enjoy the gift of peace. 


Early the next day as I began to prepare for an "action" packed schedule, I stopped for a moment, took a deep breath and gave myself permission to be still.   I quietly sat, overcome by observing so many beautiful treats from nature that I may have missed by rushing through the day.