nav bar

Friday, September 18, 2015

The Season of Patience


After a long unseasonably hot summer challenged with a few years of a historic drought, I was reminded this past week, after our first real and wonderful full day of rain, that like my garden, I am living in a season to learn patience through a greater trust in my faith.

I found myself, after a hectic start this morning, that I needed to find that space of patience. I realized that I needed  to breathe and let go of the many uncertainties.

With many different thoughts dancing through my head, I found my feet leading me outside into our garden. I sat down on a bench  and  began to take in the fresh air from the first blush of an autumn morning.  As I quietly sat, I began to look around to take in the captured beauty of the garden, I found my thoughts becoming more clear and my heart beginning to find a peace. 



As this peaceful feeling wash over me I began to realize that I needed to have a greater trust in my faith.   And like a garden patiently waiting for rain, I too must be patient and realize that not everything is in my timing. I must be willing to be patient in my faith to allow the Will of His Grace to be revealed to me in  His Timing.  I must choose to freely trust in knowing  this is a just a season.  And for me this a season to embrace  patience and to  continue to grow my faith more through my heart.