nav bar

Monday, January 21, 2013

[ The Classics - Fashion Tips for All Seasons ]



Yesterday I was having an afternoon visit and tea with a young friend of mine.  She had on a great pair of boots that she had recently purchased for her upcoming travels. She talked about how she wanted the boots to have, a nice look with simple details and most importantly to be comfortable. I had commented on the look of the boots having a nice classic look, and with a smile she responded and shared - “I am really a classic type of gal and have found I look best in the classical styles of clothing.”

I immediately found myself getting excited to share with her that I was researching some new topics for my Ladyhood Blog and the idea I decided to write about is "classic pieces" as the the foundation of one's wardrobe.  I believe that everyone should have  “classic pieces” as the foundation of their wardrobe all year round…as the “classics” never go out of style…

I added that I was researching articles in some of current issues of fashion magazines and newspapers, and found that the general fashion theme for the upcoming Spring Season is “Classic Ladylike” pieces and accessories. I have even found this spring's trend push is called " Classics Revisited"... I was pleased to see that trends are looking back to some of what I call basic essentials for one’s wardrobe, the “classics”. As the "classics" never go out of style....

The Essentials for a Classic Inspiring Wardrobe for All Seasons…


The Classic Blazer
Find a blazer style that is best for your shape and size. I tend to like a blazer that is hip length and shapes one’s figure…

For Classic Blazer Colors-I suggest Black, Blue or Brown - as we all know; “Black goes with everything.”

To add a little spice to your Blazer collection, I always like to add a color that "pops" and makes a statement like~ pink or purple for the spring and red or a velvet texture for the fall and winter.


The Classic Pants
I always think you should have a nice pair of slacks in your collection for your work attire that you can also dress up for evening. For the weekends I think it is fun to have jeans of jean-like trousers.

Skirts and Blouses-
I am truly a person who loves to mix and match pieces from my wardrobe to create various looks with just a few items.

This is why I always have couple of nice skirts in my collection. I like wearing the classic knee or tea length skirts; as they can be worn for work with heals or boots, with flats for running around or dressed up for the weekend gateways. As Channel said "A lady should always wear her skirts no shorter than knee length…"

A Blouse depending on style, color, design or texture will set the stage for your overall look, from day to evening, to weekend. 

The fashion rule of thumb use to be pastels for the spring and summer and jewel tones for fall and winter, yet I am now seeing all colors of the spectrum being introduced throughout the year...


The Black Dress
Every lady needs at least one black dress in her wardrobe. I always look for a style that is best for my figure and is timeless…



Accessories
 Classic accessories will always be the greatest spice to your wardrobe…pearls, gold or sliver chains in various lengths.  Scarves and wraps, I think are essentials, not only to add a splash of color to your outfit...but are practical; as many of us are on-the-go, the scarf is a great piece to have on hand in case you have a splatter or spill on your blouse or jacket…  For those more fashion daring types- hats and nice gloves are also nice accessory accents to add to one's wardrobe.

To keep one’s look fresh and fun,each season, I suggest that you add accent pieces of colors with a blouse, skirt or dress accompanied with "contemporary" accessories that you can mix with your classic pearls and chains...



The Outfit; Work to Weekend
The great thing about a good classic blazer is it can play many roles in your wardrobe from work, to evening to the weekends...

To create your classic blazer wardrobe for every season all you need to add is your "5" basic pieces~ a dress, blouse, skirt, slacks and jeans with your accessory accents, a scarf, jewelry, great handbag and shoes … and you’re ready to go! A Simple and Classic Fashions can live through many seasons...

So enjoy creating your classic wardrobe….